• chevron_rightWhat do we do in case of an emergency?
    In case of an emergency, call 911.  It is always best to stay on the line until emergency responders arrive.  This is helpful in case the status of the emergency changes or in case the responders have trouble finding our community.  If someone else is with you, ask them to call the guardhouse to alert them to the emergency (803-802-1090) and then have them go to a common area to watch for the emergency vehicles so that they will know where you are located.  
    The below staff & residents have completed First Aid/CPR/AED Training.  In the event of an emergency or if you have concern for a resident/guest, please call one of them to assist you until medic can arrive:
    Lori Sistare 
    Kurt Weinheimer 
    Sue Dupuis 
    Mike Loomer
    Lenny Patterson
    Julie Sloop 
    Judy Ottenstoer 
    Ron Ulibarri 
    Debbie Chase 
    Warren Chase 
    Marcia Fitzsimmons
    (If you are certified in CPR/First Aid/AED and would not mind being added to this list, please let management know)
    The below addresses can be used if you are in one of the common areas:
    Guardhouse:  9090 Van Wyck Road (803-547-2707)
    Tree House/Fitness Center/Pool:  2198 Acadia Falls Lane
    Cabin Area:  2226 Acadia Falls Lane
    First Aid Kits can be found in the below areas:
    Tree House - Kitchen Wall
    Fitness Center - Wall in front on door
    Cabins - Most cabin have first aid kits in one of the restrooms / Arts & Crafts Cabin has a first aid kits in a cabinet drawer
    Pickleball Courts
    AED Units can be found in the below areas:
    Fitness Center 
    Tree House (Located on the outside wall near the Pickleball Courts)
    Business Cabin Porch (Located on the wall beside the door)
    Pool (Inside the gates- attached to the pool house.)
  • chevron_rightWhat is an Association?
    Condominium, townhomes and many planned developments that include single-family home neighborhoods are considered associations. This means that there are common elements to the property enjoyed by all homeowners living there. The number and type of common elements vary and can include but are not limited to entrance signs and gates, clubhouse facilities, tennis and swimming facilities, street lights, sidewalks, service utilities, insurance and many other communal assets. These common elements are owned by the community and are thus maintained by all who have common ownership interest.
    A Homeowner’s Association, commonly referred to as an HOA, COA, or POA, and is a corporation registered with the state and managed by an elected Board of Directors. Its purpose is to govern the affairs of the community in accordance with the provision of the governing legal documents. The corporation is financially supported by all members of the neighborhood. Associations also set out certain rules that all residents must follow called covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&Rs). Membership is both automatic and mandatory and conveyed with the purchase of the property.
  • chevron_rightWhat does my Association do for me?
    The governing documents outline a standard that helps preserve the look, feel, and sense of community of the property. Community amenities help to enhance the quality of life and promote social activities within the neighborhood. Most neighbors maintain that the biggest benefit of their association is preserving the value and integrity of their individual investment.
  • chevron_rightWhat is the Purpose of the Management Company?
    A professional management company is contracted by the board of directors to properly maintain the common areas and conduct the business affairs of the association. A management company provides services such as: collection of assessments; overseeing of subcontractors; obtaining bids for subcontracted services; providing financial statements and collection reports, as well as serving a general clearinghouse for problem solving; communicating with property owners and the board of directors; and serving in an adviser capacity. The management company reports directly to the board and all decisions are made by a majority vote of the board of directors. (Please note that services provided by a management company will depend on the individual agreements between a community association management company and the client association.)
  • chevron_rightWhat Do My Association Dues Get Me?
    Each community is managed by a set of governing documents referred to as articles of incorporation, bylaws, covenants, conditions and restrictions (CC&Rs), rules and regulations. Since each community has specific governing documents, the budget and finances are regulated in these documents. Assessments are due annually, semi-annually, quarterly, or monthly depending on community’s documents. Dues are always due on the first day of the billing cycle.
    Most community’s assessments cover some or all the following expenses with the homeowner’s dues: ongoing maintenance, insurance policies, utility payments, reserve funds, personnel, professional management fees.
    The goal of every association is to preserve the value of the community’s assets and the property values for each homeowner. When assessments go unpaid, homeowners are negatively impacted because the financial responsibility of the community are equally shared among all neighbors. Delinquent accounts can mean unpaid bills and put the community in jeopardy.
  • chevron_rightWhat Can Happen If I Don't Pay My Bill?
    Should an owner’s account go unpaid, the owner may receive up to three separate letters mailed to the mailing address on file over the course of 90 days. The first letter is a Payment Reminder, then a Second Notice and finally an Intent to Lien is mailed to the addressee. Should an owner receive an Intent Lien Notice, they are given 15 days to make arrangements for payment. The Board of Directors determines if the delinquent account should be turned over to the association’s collection attorney.
    The goal of every association is to preserve the value of the community’s assets and the property values for each homeowner. When assessments go unpaid, homeowners are negatively impacted because the financial responsibility of the community are equally shared among all neighbors. Delinquent accounts can mean unpaid bills and put the community in jeopardy.
  • chevron_rightHow do I get a login to my Owner Portal / Association Website?
    Register online through our main website in order to request a valid log in.
    Contact the Community Manager. 
  • chevron_rightWho are the Board of Directors in an Association?
    In the same way that our elected officials uphold our Constitution, the Board of Directors upholds and enforces the community’s governing documents as their fiduciary, legal and ethical obligation.
    The powers and duties of the board include: set and collect annual assessments; use and expend the assessments collected to operate, maintain, repair replace, modify, care for, manage and preserve the common areas; procure, maintain and pay premiums for insurance; contract for management of the association; amend and add to the rules and regulations governing the use of the common areas; purchase equipment; and more.
  • chevron_rightIf the Board is making all the decisions, what does the Management Company do?
    The day-to-day operations of most associations are so detailed and involved that they go far beyond the scope and time and attention that most volunteers can provide for the community and its members. Most Boards recognize the need to hire a professional firm that can provide experience and expertise.
  • chevron_rightWhat are Bylaws?
    The Declaration forms the constitutional foundation of the association; Bylaws define the laws and operating procedures of the association. Bylaws detail the framework for governing the association that is authorized in the Declaration. They address the association's structure, the board, the officers, definition of a quorum, ability to enter into contracts, etc. Bylaws provide reliable guidance for board members at meetings in addition to:
    • Requirements of membership meetings
    • Voting rights of property owners
    • Procedures for electing the board of directors
    • Procedures for the board of directors to elect officers
    • General powers and duties of the board
  • chevron_rightWhat are the Governing Documents of an Association?
    Property owners associations derive their basic legal authority for their existence, activities, and actions from state statutes (laws) and certain legal documents:
    • Articles of Incorporation
    • Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions
    • By-Laws
    • Rules & Regulations
  • chevron_rightWhat are Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions?
    The underlying document of a property owners association, apart from state law, is the Declaration, also referred to as Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions (CC&Rs). The Declaration is the constitutional law of the association. The Declaration defines the limits and inclusions of ownership for the owners and the association. As a legal entity the association is better prepared to pursue certain business needs, such as entering contracts, raising funds, filing liens, and collecting fees in a foreclosure. 

    The Declaration may contain:
    • Definitions of the physical elements of the property
    • The method for determining the share of interest in the common area for each property owner
    • A list of the responsibilities for the association and individual owners and permitted uses of common areas and individual units
    • Responsibilities for care of the association and the common areas
    • Restrictions on the use or enjoyment of properties in the association and common areas
  • chevron_rightWhat are Rules & Regulations?
    Rules and regulations are the operational and behavioral laws that apply directly to association residents and their guest. They state acceptable and/or unacceptable conduct for all Owners, their guests, visitors and renters. Rules and regulations may generate conflict between the board and the owner(s) since they may provide restrictions regarding noise, pets, use of the property or common areas, and fining procedures, however, good rules serve the interests of the entire association and protect the common areas.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the Articles of Incorporation?
    • Bring the corporation into existence
    • Define the basic purpose and powers of the corporation
    • Indicate there will be a board of directors and may, identify the initial board
  • chevron_rightDo I Need Specific Signage?
    Unless approved by the Architectural Control Committee or Declarant, no sign of any kind shall be displayed to the public view on any Lot except one (1) professional sign previously approved by Declarant of not more than five (5) square feet advertising the property for sale or rent or signs used by an Approved Builder to advertise the property during the construction and sales period.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the Rules on Pets?
    Dog owners have a responsibility to manage their pets’ behavior and follow certain rules of etiquette. Follow these guidelines to ensure that you and your dog are being courteous community members.
    Pet Care
    Animal waste can be hazardous to the health of your children who play in the community and other pets. Please be considerate of your neighbors and your common grounds by cleaning up after your pet! Take along a baggie with you to pick up waste and then dispose of it properly.
    Lancaster County Leash Law
    Sec. 6-7.  Restraint and confinement.
    (a)   The owner/custodian shall keep his pet under restraint at all times.
    (b)   Invisible fencing must be clearly marked and labeled (i.e. sign on mailbox post, free standing sign, etc.).
    (c)   No pet shall be permitted to be off the land where the owner resides, or on other private property with that property owner's permission, unless on a leash at all times.
    (d)   No person owning or harboring or having the care or the custody of a dangerous animal may permit the animal to go unconfined on his premises. A dangerous animal is unconfined if the animal is not confined securely indoors or confined in a securely enclosed fence or securely enclosed and locked pen or run area upon the person's premises. The pen or run area must be clearly marked as containing a dangerous animal and must be designed to prevent the entry of the general public, including children, and to prevent the escape or release of the animal. The animal must not be removed from such building or enclosure unless the pet is securely muzzled and under restraint on a leash, bridle, or other device of sufficient strength to handle the animal and requiring a person to control the animal; the person using such restraint must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and physical size or ability to reasonably restrain the animal.
    (e)   Any person reporting a violation of this section must identify himself to the animal control officer and must sign a nuisance violation.
    (f)   If an animal control officer observes an animal at large, they may pursue the animal onto private property.
    (g)   No pet shall be kept on a property that the owner/custodian does not occupy on a permanent basis.
    (h)   Exemptions:
    (1)   No hunting dog is required to be constrained by a leash while it is actually engaged in hunting game during hunting season and while under supervision. As used in this section, "supervision" means that the owner of the hunting dog or his designee is either in the vicinity of the hunting dog or in the process of trying to retrieve the hunting dog.
    (2)   No assistance dog is required to be constrained on a leash while it is engaged or prepared to engage in assisting the owner and while under supervision. As used in this section, "supervision" means that the owner of the assistance dog or his designee is in the vicinity of the assistance dog.
    (Ord. No. 897, 5-5-08)
  • chevron_rightWhat are the guidelines for donating books for the Reading Cabin?
    Please note the below guidelines for donating book for the Reading Cabin:
    • Check the shelves to see if we already have the book you are donating. We do not have room for duplicate books.                                               
    • Do not donate any book (fiction or nonfiction) that was published before 2010
    • If you are donating more than 10 books contact June Zepp.at jzepp21228@yahoo.com
    • If you are returning a borrowed book, please drop them in the basket on the floor near the coffeemaker.
    • Please do not donate CDs or DVDs.
  • chevron_rightHow do I contact Greenview Partners about extra services?
    To contact GreenView Partners about additional services for your personal property, email TreeTopsLandscape@GreenviewPartners.com
Tree House
2198 Acadia Falls Lane
Lancaster, SC 29720
Tree Tops Business Center
(mailing address)
2226 Acadia Falls Lane
Lancaster, SC 29720
1515 Mockingbird Lane, Suite 600
Charlotte, NC 28209
For After Hours Emergencies call CAMS and follow emergency prompts: (704)731-5560